Facial Implants by Boston Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. Bartlett
A weak chin or flat cheek bones can rob your face of the full, healthy appearance that is important for an attractive look. Drooping or gaunt cheeks and a recessed chin can alter the contours of your face, resulting in an aged appearance. For a permanent solution to these issues, consider facial implants in Boston.
What Are Facial Implants?
Facial implants are made of synthetic materials like silicone. They are custom made to fulfill the individual needs of each patient.
Carefully performed cosmetic surgery for cheek or chin augmentation can add volume and create a more balanced appearance. These facial augmentation procedures can add fullness, definition, and shape to the face.
Often, facial implants also are considered when discussing other procedures such as facelift or rhinoplasty. Facial implants in Boston can help to redefine neck lines and also to camouflage a large nose. The results of facial implant surgery are immediate and long-lasting.
Extensive experience in facial aesthetics and complex facial reconstruction allows Richard A. Bartlett, M.D. to understand facial proportion and the benefits of discreet augmentation with implants. During your confidential consultation in Dr. Bartlett’s Boston area office, he will review all options with you so that you can achieve optimal results.
Cheek implants are often placed through an incision in the mouth. An alternative way to place the implants is through an incision within the lower eyelid.
Chin implants are often placed through an incision inside the mouth. This incision is made along the crease that joins the lower lip and gums. Alternately, an incision can be made beneath the chin to place the implant.
Along with discussing techniques, Dr. Bartlett will also go over the post-surgical recovery process and will answer any questions you may have.
Are You a Suitable Candidate?
You are considered to be a suitable candidate for facial augmentation surgery if you fulfill the below criteria:
- You want to enhance your facial features.
- You do not smoke (or you are willing to quit before the procedure).
- You do not suffer from any underlying medical conditions that could lead to severe side effects or alter the results of the procedure.
- You have a positive mindset and realistic expectations for the results of the surgery.
To determine whether you are a suitable candidate, Dr. Bartlett will perform a physical evaluation and review your medical history, present medical condition, medications, allergies, and your family medical history.
Facial Implant Surgery – What to Expect
- About the Surgery – Most facial implants are inserted through incisions inside the mouth to avoid external scars. Occasionally, when other procedures are performed which require external incisions, the implant can be inserted without making an additional incision.
- Post Surgery – Swelling and bruising resolve within 1 to 2 weeks during the recovery process. There is essentially no downtime following these limited cosmetic surgery procedures.
- Cost – Price varies based on types of changes requested, implant type, and other factors.
Set Up Your Consultation
Learn more about getting facial implants in Boston from acclaimed board-certified plastic surgeon Dr. Richard A. Bartlett – contact our office to set up your consultation.