Breast Augmentation Performed by Boston Cosmetic Surgeon Dr. Bartlett
Many women seek aesthetic breast enhancement with breast implants to achieve a more feminine figure. Richard A. Bartlett, M.D., feels that breast augmentation can provide a tremendous benefit, but that the decision to have surgery should be made only after careful consideration. This requires an in-depth consultation.
Your Breast Augmentation Consultation
Dr. Bartlett begins every breast augmentation consultation by educating the patient about the risks and benefits of breast augmentation surgery.
During your consultation, Dr. Bartlett will provide written information about breast implants and the operation for review at home. Some patients, especially women who have had children and have loose skin near the breast, may need a “breast lift,” or mastopexy, concurrently with the breast augmentation procedure.
Whether or not you need a breast lift depends on the degree of skin laxity and the size implant you choose. Dr. Bartlett will discuss your particular situation and make specific recommendations. At this time he also will discuss incision placement as well as pain management post-surgery.
After an initial breast augmentation consultation, you will return to our Boston area office to “try on” implants. This involves placing implant sizers in your bra and looking in a mirror. This method is incredibly accurate in determining your goals with breast augmentation and choosing an implant size.
Breast Augmentation Surgery – What to Expect
- About the Surgery – breast augmentation takes approximately 2 hours
- Surgical Setting – performed on an outpatient basis
- Anesthesia – general anesthetic
- Surgical Incisions – can be placed under the breast, around the nipple/areola area, or in the armpit (axilla). One of the latest advances in patient care has been the liberal use of local anesthetic in the implant pocket. This technique significantly reduces post operative pain.
- Post Surgery – most patients will take a week off from work. Light exercise is permitted at 2 weeks. Some swelling and bruising may temporarily affect shape. Breast implants also tend to “settle over time.” The final results of breast augmentation can be judged 3 to 6 months after surgery.
I certainly cannot speak highly enough about Dr. Bartlett and his team. I felt as though I were being pampered through the entire process. I have always dreamed of having a breast augmentation and was held back by fear. I am so glad I finally decided to do it, I am so glad I found Dr. Bartlett, and I wish I’d done it sooner!
Contact Us to Set Up a Consultation
To find out more about breast augmentation, schedule a consultation with Dr. Richard A. Bartlett – contact our office today to get started.