Facelifts Performed by Boston Cosmetic Surgeon
Of all facial rejuvenation treatments designed to address the more noticeable signs of aging, facelift surgery provides the most remarkable results. Richard A. Bartlett, M.D. utilizes sophisticated techniques to perform the facelift in Boston.
This revitalizing facial procedure helps men and women achieve a younger, more refreshed appearance by lifting sagging skin, smoothing deep lines and wrinkles, and improving facial contours.
The Facelift Consultation
If you are considering a facelift, the first step is a confidential consultation with Dr. Bartlett. At this time, he will perform a medical evaluation and listen carefully to understand your goals. He also will answer questions about the benefits and risks of facelift surgery, describe the treatment process, and may discuss alternative treatment options.
There is no “correct” age to get a facelift procedure. Typically, patients get these procedures in their 40s or 50s, but many patients in their 60s or 70s often come in for facelifts as well. Younger patients often prefer minimally invasive or non-invasive non-surgical solutions like our injectables and rejuvenating skin treatments.
The best candidates for a rhytidectomy have wrinkles and sagging skin in the mid and lower face as a result of the aging process. Good candidates are able to quit smoking for two weeks leading up to the surgery and can continue to avoid it for the entirety of the recovery process.
- View a full set of facelift pre/post-op instructions provided by Dr. Bartlett
- View more facelift before and after photos
FACELIFT SURGERY – WHAT TO EXPECT
- About the Surgery – A facelift works by lifting and redraping the skin, tightening underlying facial tissues, and eliminating small pockets of fat near the chin and neck. The result is the elimination of wrinkles and a more revitalized, attractive look.
- Anesthesia – Local anesthesia, intravenous sedation, or general anesthesia may be used and is determined by you and Dr. Bartlett.
- Surgery Length – 2 to 4 hours
- Surgical Setting – Facelifts are performed in an office and hospital setting in the Boston, Massachusetts, area. Smaller facelifts can be performed on younger patients on an outpatient basis. Older patients and patients undergoing more extensive procedures may spend a night in the hospital.
Facelift Surgery Recovery
Swelling and bruising can last for 1 to 2 weeks and can be addressed with the help of cold compresses. Pain medication is prescribed and is typically used for 2 or 3 days after surgery. Numbness and firmness may persist for months but do not affect appearance.
Sutures (stitches) are removed at 1 and 2 weeks during a follow-up appointment. Light exercise is permitted at 2 weeks, and vigorous exercise can be resumed 4 to 6 weeks after surgery. Most patients look well after 2 weeks, but the final result from facelift surgery is evaluated 6 months later.
Price can play a major role in determining whether or not a facelift is the right rejuvenation option. Facelift cost is dependent on factors such as the time it takes to perform the surgery, the type of anesthesia used, and the techniques utilized.
Schedule a Consultation
Contact our office to schedule a consultation regarding a facelift in Boston with Dr. Richard A. Bartlett. He can let you know if surgery is the best option for you and can provide you with outstanding results from your facelift.
New studies have shown that the results of facelift procedures leave patients still looking younger as far as five years after their procedure. A big part of optimizing the results of a facelift is to be prepared and educated about your recovery period… Read More